SCORE International San Felipe 250
The SCORE San Felipe 250 is a 250-mile Mexican off-road motorsport race that takes place near San Felipe on the Baja California Peninsula. It was first held in 1982 and is sanctioned by SCORE International.
The 2016 edition was the 30th anniversary of the race, occurring from February 25–28 in a loop format. The 2016 SCORE San Felipe 250 was the first round of a four-race series, including the SCORE Desert Challenge, the SCORE Baja 500 & the SCORE Baja 1000. The event included various types of vehicle classes such as small and large bore motorcycles, stock VW, production vehicles, buggies, trucks, and custom fabricated race vehicles.
The course has remained relatively the same over the years with the majority of events being a loop race starting and finishing in San Felipe, Baja California.
San Felipe 250 Past Overall Winners – Cars and Trucks
Below are the past overall car and truck winners of the San Felipe 250 with the Year, Driver(s), Vehicle, and Class listed.
2016 | Billy Wilson | Jimco | TT
2015 | Gus Vildósola, Jr | Ford Raptor | TT
2014 | Gus Vildósola, Jr | Ford Raptor | TT
2012 | Rob MacCachren | Ford F-150 | TT
2011 | Rob MacCachren | Ford F-150 | TT
2009 | Brian Collins | Dodge Ram 1500 | TT
2008 | Brian Collins | Dodge Ram 1500 | TT
2006 | Garron Cadiente | Ford F-150 | TT
1997 | Curt LeDuc | Jeep Grand Cherokee | TT
1996 | Robby Gordon | Ford F-150 | TT
1995 | Larry Ragland | Chevy C1500 | TT
1994 | Ivan Stewart | Toyota SR5 | TT
1993 | Scott Douglas | Ford Ranger | 7
1991 | Larry Ragland | Chevy C1500 | 8
1982 | Dan Cornwell | Chenowth VW | 1
San Felipe 250 Past Overall Winners – Motorcycles
Below are the past overall motorcycle winners of the San Felipe 250 with the Year, Driver(s), Vehicle, and Class listed.
2015 | Colton Udall | Honda CRF450X | 22
1997 | Tim Staab | Honda XR650 | 22
1994 | Danny Hamel | Kawasaki KX500 | 22
1993 | Danny Hamel | Kawasaki KX500 | 22
1983 | Jack Johnson | Honda XR500 | 22
1982 | Bob Balentine | Honda XR500 | 22
Current and Past Classes for the San Felipe 250
Cars and Trucks
- SCORE Trophy Truck: Open Production Unlimited Trucks.
- SCORE Class 1: Unlimited open-wheel single-or two-seaters.
- SCORE Class 1/2-1600: Limited suspension. open-wheel single-or two-seaters. (1600cc)
- SCORE Class 2: Limited 2.2 liter buggy.
- SCORE Class 3: Production short wheelbase 4×4 Jeeps.
- SCORE Class 4: Unlimited 2.2 liter open wheel.
- SCORE Class 5: Unlimited Baja Bugs.
- SCORE Class 5-1600: Baja Bugs. (1600cc)
- SCORE Class 6: V6 powered tube chassis trucks
- SCORE Class 7: Open mini trucks.
- SCORE Class 7S: Stock mini trucks. (3000cc)
- SCORE Class 7SX: Modified mini trucks. (4000cc)
- SCORE Class 8: Full-sized two-wheel drive trucks.
- SCORE Class 9: Short wheelbase, open-wheel. single-or two-seaters. (1600cc)
- SCORE Class 10: Open-wheel single or two-seaters. (2000cc)
- SCORE Class 11: Stock VW Sedans. (1600cc)
- SCORE Lites Class 12: VW limited open-wheel. single seat (1776cc) or two-seaters (1835cc).
- SCORE Class 17: Production short wheelbase 4×4 Modified Jeeps.
- SCORE Class M – Truck
- SCORE Stock Full: Stock full-sized trucks.
- SCORE Stock Mini: Stock mini trucks. (4300cc)
- SCORE Baja Challenge: Limited, identical open-wheel Baja touring cars.
- SCORE Sportsman Buggy:
- SCORE Sportsman Truck: Prerunner Trucks
- SCORE Sportsman UTV: 660cc, 4-wheel utility vehicle.
- ProTruck: Limited Production Trucks governed by the Baja ProTruck Off-Road Race Series
- SCORE Class 20: 125cc or smaller two-stroke and 250cc or smaller four-stroke motorcycles.
- SCORE Class 21: 126cc to 250cc.
- SCORE Class 22: 250cc or more.
- SCORE Class 30: Riders over 30 years old.
- SCORE Class 40: Riders over 40 years old.
- SCORE Class 50: Riders over 50 years old.
- SCORE Class 60: Riders over 60 years old.