SCORE International Class Descriptions
Following are brief descriptions of each SCORE competition class.
In addition to General Regulations and Competition Regulations sections that apply to all classes, specific information for each class will be found under the respective class listing.
Each individual class listing provides information on regulations that pertain to that particular class and supersedes class sections in the General and Competition Regulations. (Updated September 21, 2021)
Below are all the class descriptions:
SCORE International Truck Classes
- 1 – 99 | Trophy Truck® – Unlimited: Unlimited engine displacement and suspension. Custom built tube chassis, and powered by highly modified 850 HP engines. Forced induction allowed. Two or four- wheel drive.
- 1L – 99L | Trophy Truck® Legends – Unlimited Class for Drivers 50 years of age or older: Same vehicle specifications as Trophy Truck Unlimited (above).
- 200 – 299 | Trophy Truck® Spec: Similar in design and construction to Trophy trucks utilizing high performance sealed stock or “crate” engines. Sealed Spec engines only. Must be two-wheel drive only with solid rear drivetrain.
- 300 – 399 | Class 3: Short wheelbase 4×4 vehicles. Must be based on production vehicle available and sold to general public.
- 700 – 739 | Class 7: Unlimited four-wheel vehicles. Vehicles must have a production appearing truck or SUV body. Naturally aspirated engine limited to 4.5 Liters. Forced induction engines are limited to 3.5 Liters unless noted. Engines must have a maximum of six cylinders. Engine must be of the same manufacture as that of the body. All factory forced induction engines must be sealed.
- 700F – 739F | Class 7F: Two or four-wheel drive mini or mid-sized pickup. Limited to 4.5L normally aspirated engines and 3.5L Forced Induction engines. Manufacture body, engine and chassis must be retained. Production vehicle based (5000 units produced in 12 mos. period) and available and sold to general public. Must be marketed as mini or mid-size pickup.
- 740 – 759 | Class 7sx: Two or four-wheel drive mini or mid-sized pickup. Maximum engine size 4000 cc. Must be based on production vehicle (5000 units produced in 12 mos. period) and available and sold to general public. Must be marketed as mini or mid-size pickup.
- 800 – 899 | Class 8: Full-size two-wheel drive truck or SUV. Engine must be same manufacture and same number of cylinders as original vehicle. No limit on displacement.
- 1350 – 1399 | Pro Truck: Trucks built to specific Pro Truck specifications. Choice of V8 powerplants. Truck must have same appearance as powerplant.
- 4400 – 4499 | Hammer Truck Unlimited: Rock crawler type vehicle. Purpose or custom-built chassis. Must be 4-wheel drive with transfer case and capable of operating in 4WD.
- 4500 – 4599 | Hammer Truck Limited: Rock crawler type vehicle. Based on production type vehicle. Must be 4-wheel drive with transfer case and capable of operating in 4WD.
- 8000 – 8099 | Heavy Metal: Class open to all mini, mid and full-size pickups and SUVs. Must have stock appearing body. Engine does not have to match body. No limit on engine displacement.
- 8100 – 8199 Stock Full Class: Two or four-wheel drive truck or SUV. This is a stock production class and all components must remain stock except for modifications allowed within class rules. 5000 units must have been produced in a 12-month period and available for sale to the general public.
- 1400 – 1499 Sportsman Unlimited Truck: Open to any 4-wheel full-bodied truck or SUV. Engines must be normally aspirated. Must have production appearing full body. Sportsman class competes for trophies only.
- 2300 – 2350 Sportsman Limited Truck: Open to any 4-wheel full-bodied truck or SUV. Must have full frame and utilize leaf springs only. Production appearing full body and cab required as delivered by OEM. Engines must be normally aspirated. Sportsman class competes for trophies only.
SCORE International Car (Buggy) Classes
- 100 – 199 Class 1 – Unlimited Buggy: Open wheel design with one or two seats. Similar construction to Trophy Trucks, but rear engine location and IRS (independent rear suspension). Engines may be either normally aspirated or forced induction. No displacement limitations.
- 500 – 549 Class 5 Unlimited: Open wheel unlimited Baja Bug. VW Sedan Type 1 is most popular build. Any manufacturer VW concept engine allowed. Displacement is open. Wheelbase not to exceed 105”. VW water cooled 4-cylinder engines are also allowed.
- 550 – 599 Class 5-1600: Open wheel Baja Bug based on production vehicle. VW Sedan Type 1 is most popular build. Must use VW series Type 1, 1600 U.S. series engine. Suspension limited to VW components. Must be stock production wheelbase. VW water cooled 4-cylinder engines are also allowed.
- 900 – 999 Class 9: Single or two-seat vehicle with maximum wheelbase of 100”. Maximum engine displacement 1585 cc. Vehicle parts, including engine, based on VW Type 1. Must use VW drum brakes. This is a claiming class.
- 1000 – 1099 Class 10: Single or two-seat vehicle with stock sealed engine and displacement of 2.2L to 2.4L maximum. Refer to class rules for engine specs. Direct OEM injection allowed.
- 1100 – 1199 Class 11 Stock VW Sedans – “Baja Bugs”: Stock VW Type 1 Sedans with 1600 cc VW engines. Body, suspension and drivetrain must remain stock with only minor modifications allowed.
- 1200 – 1299 SCORE Lites®: Open wheel single or two seat vehicles limited to air-cooled engines. Engine must be VW Type 1 with maximum two (2) valves per cylinder. Single seat vehicles have 1776 cc and two seat vehicles have 1835 cc maximum displacement. Minimum weight is 1500 lbs.
- 1600 – 1699 Class 1/2-1600: Single or two seat vehicles limited to 1600 cc displacement. Must use VW engines and VW Type 1 suspension components. Minimum weight 1550 lbs.
- 1700 – 1799 Jeepspeed® Challenge Class: All Jeepspeed specifications are recognized for this class. The Jeepspeed Challenge is for short wheel base Jeeps with 6 cylinder and 4 cylinder engines produced since 1984, excluding Pentastar® DOHC engines and 2018 Wranglers which must run Jeepspeed Class 2700.
- 2700 – 2799 Jeepspeed® Cup Intermediate Class: All Jeepspeed specifications are recognized for this class. Class 2700 is for Jeep and Dodge vehicles that maintain the original appearance and profile.
- 3700 – 3799 Jeepspeed® Outlaw Class: All Jeepspeed specifications are recognized for this class. Currently includes Jeepspeed Class 4700 for Jeep or Dodge light trucks or SUVs.
- 4700 – 4799 Jeepspeed® Trophy Class: All Jeepspeed specifications are recognized for this class. Must be recognizable as a Jeep or Dodge light trucks or SUVs.
- BC1 – BC49 Baja Challenge Class: Two-seat open wheel single design vehicle. Class features competitive g within class. Vehicles are available from Wide Open Baja on an annual or per-race rental. Class competes in SCORE sanctioned events.
- 1500 – 1599 Sportsman Buggy: Unlimited single and two-seat open wheel vehicles. No production based vehicles in this class. Gasoline engines are normally aspirated or limited to 2.0L turbocharged. Sportsman class competes for trophies only.
SCORE International Combined Truck and Car Classes
- E400 – E424 Baja- e Class – Electric Powered Unlimited Vehicles: One or two-seat, four-wheel vehicles. Two or four-wheel drive. All wheels must be powered solely by electric energy. Includes both cars/buggies and trucks.
- 2000 – 2099 Class 2 – Unrestricted Vehicle Class: Combined truck and car class for vehicles and engines with no restrictions. Forced induction is allowed.
- 3000 – 3099 Class 3000: Short wheelbase vehicles with production motor, two seats and short wheelbase. Trans axles limited to 103”, trans axles with beam suspension to 105.5” and live axles to 111”. Engine is stock production GM Ecotec 4-cylinder 2.2 and 2.4L. Class now combined with former TrophyLite class.
- V + Number Vintage “Trailblazer” Class – 1982 and earlier cars and trucks – Available for select 2020 races. Class is identified with “V” preceding vehicle number.
- Number + V Vintage “Innovator” Class – 1983-1992 cars and trucks – Available for select 2020 races. Class is identified with vehicle number followed by “V”.
- 9000-9029 Safari Class – Open to all Four-wheel vehicles with required safety equipment. Available for Baja 1000 participation only.
SCORE International UTV Pro Classes
- 1900 – 1999 Pro UTV – Normally Aspirated: Production 4-wheel, two or four seat vehicles. No turbo or superchargers. Normally aspirated OEM engines only. Modified suspension allowed. 1000 units must have been produced in a 12-month period and available for sale to the general public.
- 2900 – 2999 Pro UTV – Forced Induction: Production 4-wheel, two seat vehicles. OEM engines with factory forced induction. Modified suspension allowed.1000 units must have been produced in a 12-month period and available for sale to the general public.
- 1850 – 1899 Pro UTV Open: Four-wheel, one or two-seat unlimited UTV vehicles. Non-production vehicles only. No limits on displacement. May be normally aspirated or forced induction.
- 3900 – 3969 Pro Stock UTV: Stock production UTVs. Class combines both Naturally Aspirated and Forced Induction models. Vehicles are factory stock. Minimum suspension upgrades allowed. SCORE safety requirements required.
SCORE International UTV Sportsman Classes
- 1800 – 1849 Sportsman UTV Unlimited: Unlimited aftermarket components allowed. Four-wheel, one or two-seat Unlimited UTV vehicle. Reduced entry fee – No Payout – Class competes for trophies only
- 3970-3999 Sportsman Stock UTV – Combined class of Forced Induction and Naturally Aspirated UTVs: Basic showroom Four-wheel, one or two-seat UTVs. Modifications from stock limited to minimum suspension upgrades and safety components such as roll cage, seats and belts. 1000 units must have been produced in a 12-month period and available for sale to the general public. Reduced entry fee – No Payout – Class competes for trophies only.
SCORE International Moto Classes
- 1x – 99x – Pro Moto Unlimited: Motorcycles with engines displacing 450cc or greater as delivered from the factory.
- 100x – 199x – Pro Moto Limited: Motorcycles with engines displacing less than 450cc as delivered from the factory. Minimum engine size is 200cc.
- 300x – 399x – Pro Moto 30: All riders must be 30 years of age or older by event date. Engine displacement is open.
- 400x – 499x – Pro Moto 40: All riders must be 40 years of age or older by event date. Engine displacement is open.
- 500x – 599x – Pro Moto 50: All riders must be 50 years of age or older by event date. Engine displacement is open.
- 600x – 649x – Pro Moto 60: All riders must be 60 years of age or older by event date. Engine displacement is open.
- 700x – 799x – Pro Moto Ironman: Single moto rider competing for the entire length of event.
- 800R – 849R – Pro Moto Rally Class: Motorcycles with engine displacement of 250cc to 650cc. Must be equipped with road book navigation capabilities. Road Book Holder must accept Road Book Roll, A5 paper with 5.83” (148mm) wide specifications. Use of Stella unit is also required.
- 200x – 299x – Sportsman Moto: Minimum engine displacement 200cc. No payback – Riders compete for trophies only.
SCORE International Quad Classes
- 1A – 49A – Pro Quad: Four-wheel quads with motorcycle-type engines. Single class with unlimited displacement. Minimum engine displacement 200cc.
- 75A-99A – Pro Quad Ironman: Pro Quad vehicle operated by a single participant for the entire race.
- 100A – 199A – Sportsman Quad: Sportsman riders on four-wheel quads with motorcycle-type engines. Single class regardless of engine displacement. Minimum engine displacement 200cc. No payback – Riders compete for trophies only.
- SCORE International
SCORE International Races
Click here to view all SCORE International Baja 400 information.
Click here to view all SCORE International Baja 500 information.
Click here to view all SCORE International Baja 1000 information.
Big Sur 500
Click here to view all SCORE International Big Sur 500 information.
Imperial Vallley 250
Click here to view all SCORE International Imperial Valley 250 information.
IV Desert Challenge
Click here to view all SCORE International IV Desert Challenge information.
Click here to view all SCORE International Rosarito Beach information.
San Felipe 250
Click here to view all SCORE International San Felipe 250 information.
Tijuana Desert Challenge
Click here to view all SCORE International Tijuana Desert Challenge information.